Apply for a position
Senior System Architect and Software Engineer
Accipiter Systems is a Wexford, PA-based small business developing computer interconnect products that bring PCIe “out of the box”. Our products accelerate Edge applications and systems by eliminating legacy network interconnects. Low latency, high throughput, reduced cost of ownership, and enhanced security are the benefits of PCIe interconnect technology.
Accipiter Systems is looking to hire a senior technical resource with computer system architecture and software engineering experience. The ideal candidate will have worked for more than ten years developing Linux-based client-server products or systems. This position will lead system definition and development within engineering life cycle processes. This candidate will help develop the company’s technology and product roadmaps.
This position is based in northwestern PA, with the opportunity for remote work and flexible hours.
- Develop system software architecture strategies, creating a solid foundation on which future upgrades and enhancements can be built
- Solve the most complex software design challenges required to implement PCIe interconnects
- Lead the development of new, complex software product capabilities and user features
- Support resolution of high-priority software bugs that prevent system releases
- Ten or more years software architecture and development experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Software and system development life cycle expertise, including writing complex software
- Software-centric system testing, acceptance, and online support experience a plus
- Linux software and hardware driver experience; Windows experience a plus
- Network, protocol stack, and ethernet experience required
- Experience with proprietary interconnect technologies a plus
- Familiarity with cybersecurity a plus
- Ability to travel on multi-day trips a few times a year
This position requires US Government interaction and is open to US citizens and permanent residents only.
Software Engineer II
Accipiter Systems is looking to hire a Software Engineer II. This is an intermediate-level professional who will participate in designing and developing software of various types for Accipiter’s products and includes the broad application of computer science and software engineering, principles, theories, and concepts.
- Work as a member a team or independently to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software written in any of the appropriate programming languages.
- Participate in discussions and estimations required for scheduling and release planning
- Collaborate with cross functional engineering teams during all phases of testing
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Create unit tests to ensure code quality throughout the application’s life cycle
- Be an active member in translating customer needs into solutions
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with formal software development techniques and principles.
- Deep knowledge of the C,C++, Linux Shell and Python programming languages.
- Competency with object oriented design and programming.
- Experience developing software for embedded Linux systems
- Proven experience working with product owners to refine product requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with software specialization.
- 4 to 8 years of relevant experience
- Experience developing embedded software for computer networking solutions.
- Object oriented design, and programming.
- Some experience in designing and developing computer networking products.
- Deep knowledge of at least four computer network protocols.
- Experience in design and programming of Microsoft Windows based computer systems.
- Majority of experience in designing and developing computer networking products.
- Deep knowledge of computer network protocols.
- Hybrid In-Office/Work-from-Home Environment
This position requires US Government interaction and is open to US residents only.