Apply for a position
Job Opening: Software Engineer
The data center solutions market is exploding, as smartphones, streaming video, Web 2.0, social media, “big data” computing, cloud computing, search, cloud storage, and many other applications are driving data traffic to dramatic new heights. This is an outstanding opportunity for the right professional to join a dynamic, high-energy team to spark a revolution in data center networking and take part in one of the hottest markets in tech today.
Accipiter Systems is searching for a Software Engineer to develop the software for computer networking products. Accipiter Systems has an exceptional track record in delivering high-performance networking solutions to key agencies in the federal government for over a decade.
The company now seeks a software engineer to help deliver its highly innovative networking solutions to corporate data centers, high-performance computing environments, and related corporate IT projects. This is a position that will develop the software for the company’s flagship product.
- Design and develop software for use in company’s products.
- Work as part of a team to analyze issues and solve problems.
- Prepare demonstrations of company’s products for end users and other stakeholders.
- Software programming experience using C/C++ in embedded systems.
- Proven ability to work on a technical team.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Familiarity and experience with multi-gigabit Ethernet, IP, Fibre Channel, Infiniband, PCI Express.
- 3-7 years of experience in software development using C/C++, embedded systems development required.
- Experience using version control software tools such as CVS or Subversion.
- Experience with small company or start-up environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering. Master’s degree preferred.